League of Legends Summer Series
League of Legends Summer Series
*Pricing includes transaction fees
This is going to be an event you won’t want to miss out on! This is a League of Legends competitive community in Utah. We are building the groundwork for Utah players to participate in a highly competitive organized league. This will include group play with a Championship Tournament to be played at GameTyrant Gaming Center in North Salt Lake, UT supported with Fiber Internet Service and broadcast live on Twitch.
The season will start June 9th with 8 weeks of online play finishing with top 4 on August 4th where they will play for Cash & Prizing. Prize pool will be a minimum of $500 for the final split 70%/30% for first/second.
- All competing teams will be placed into Round Robin pools for the first 7 weeks. The top 6 teams/top 3 from each group will participate in the playoffs on week 8 for their place in the finals.
- The top 4 teams from playoffs will proceed to play the live finals at new GameTyrant Gaming Center
- Matches will be played once weekly on Saturday starting at 8 pm
- Total of $100 per team (including subs) / $20 entry fee for each competitor
- Total entry fee must be paid and team registered by June 2nd.
- Prize pool will be a minimum of $500 for the final split (70%/30% for first/second). Once there 6 teams registered, every additional team registered after will add another $40 to the prize pool! Once we reach 16 teams there will be an addition $100 added to the prize pool totaling to $1,000 in cash prizing.
- Map: Summoners Rift
- Tournament Style Draft
- 5 bans
- Map side:
- Team on top of bracket is blue.
- Upper team on the bracket is responsible for creating the lobby
- New champions are implicitly banned from play in this series for two weeks following release
Rules for Season Play
- Registration will be limited to a cap of 16 teams, forming 2 groups of 8 teams.
- Each group will play a 7 week round robin series consisting of best of 1 matches each week.
- All matches must be reported by screenshot and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Match results must be received no later than 24 hours after match is complete
- If matches are not reported within the 24 hour period a loss will occur for both teams.
- The winning team is responsible for sending in the results of the match.
- Teams are not allowed more than 2 college/pro level players rostered on one team. (This is to maintain fair competitive play in the Gaming Series)
- Each team is allowed 5 players and up to 2 subs.
- Roster changes are allowed during the “normal season”
- Changes must be approved by admin with at least 24 hours’ notice prior to match
- Rosters will be hard locked 2 weeks before playoff season
- All summoners in assigned matches must match the currently registered players, as seen on the team page
- A team is considered forfeit if all 5 players are not present in the lobby 15 minutes after the scheduled match time.
- The team captain is responsible for reporting a “no-show” match to an admin with screenshots of the lobby and any correspondence to the other team
- Teams may reschedule their match if pre-approved by a tournament admin and agreed upon by both teams
- The rescheduled match cannot take place later than Sunday night at midnight of the same scheduled week
- In the event of a disconnect, the game should be paused using the command /pause.
- Each team is allowed a maximum of three pauses and the pauses cannot exceed the time limit allotted in game
- Your match may be chosen to be streamed live, in which you will be contacted no later than 24 hours before the match time. The given match time may be slightly different to accommodate the stream schedule.
· Games selected to stream must have all players in the lobby 15 minutes prior to scheduled game time.
· Players must be in the lobby in LCS order. (Top, jungle, mid, bot, support.)
· Team creating lobby must invite production summoner name into lobby to spectate.
· Must not start game until given the ok by production.
- All standings will be posted no later than 48 hours after matches have been completed.
Teams will be divided into 2 groups (A and B). The first place team from each group will have an automatic BYE and move to the semi-finals. The second and third place teams will then move into a quarter-final bracket. Seeding for quarter-finals will be determined by win record.
- The top 6 teams will be assigned a number (1-6) for seeding purposes.
- Both first seed teams will be given numbers, either 1 or 2, based on win record.
- Second seed teams will be assigned either 3 or 4, also based on win record.
- Third seed teams will be assigned either 5 or 6.
Quarter-finals will be seeded and play as follows:
Team 3 vs Team 6
Team 4 vs Team 5
The winning team from each quarter-final will move on to the semi-finals against the first seed teams that received the BYE, following the same format.
Team 1 vs lowest seed
Team 2 vs remaining team
- Administrators will have the final say on disputes. The role of administrators is to encourage a fair and highly competitive environment.
· Respect the teams and respect the game. A loss today could mean a win tomorrow, so keep your sportsmanship alive!
ALL rules are subject to changes at the administrators discretion as long as it is in the best interest of fair play.